After an excruciatingly long period of ‘never finding the time’, the all new matthewolding.com website is finally underway.
Along with an updated design that better fits my brand and offer, this new build will see massive improvements in code efficiencies thanks to a shift from the aging and highly opinionated Divi platform to Bricks Builder. I’m also working hard on making sure this new version is accessible to screen readers and keyboard users which will also have search engines giving me preferential treatment.
I’m keen to show off parts of the build process and my WordPress development stack.
In this session get a peak behind the curtain as I take the home page wireframe of my website rebuild and add dynamic data from custom post types I’ve created using Metabox. You’ll also see me pivot from using bi-directionally related post types to cloneable grouped fields and few other ‘what do I do now’ moments.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:25 – Overview of wireframed pages
- 2:06 – Setting up services CPT loop and nested loop in bricks
- 4:40 – Segway to CSS framework & SCSS plugin
- 6:11 – Back to adding services loop and nested loop in bricks
- 12:52 – Pivot services CTP to have repeatable field groups
- 17:15 – Refactoring services loops in bricks
- 19:50 – Cleanup and wrap-up
Get a coffee, get comfortable, press play.